Site Network: Home | About



Robertson Winery - Gewurtzaminer Late Harvest


When I bought this bottle I wasn't expecting much, it was $12.50 and from South Africa. Not to dis SA, I just don't have much experience with their wine. Anyways I decided to open it last nite and was pleasantly suprised. Its a late harvest Gewurtzaminer full of ripe melon and apricot flavors. If you like sweet and creamy whites then try this one, it is full of flavor and not too high in alcohol. When I think of late harvest I tend to think of thick dessert wines like Sauternes. This isn't to that level, just a hint of extra suger is present. You can serve this with a spicy dinner or with a dessert. Pricewise its very affordable and I plan on picking up another bottle this weekend just to have on hand. Summer's here and its nice to have refreshing whites on hand.

Posted by mardenhill 6/22/2007 10:05:00 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment