Site Network: Home | About



Smoking Ban In MI

This is a hard one for me right now, MI has been punched in the gut over and over the last number of years and I don't see it getting much better anytime soon. I have faith that Jenny (our Gov, yeah we are on a 1st name basis) will bring new business but not enough to replace what we lost. To hit Michiganders while they are down is just down right rude. Hell they did it to us over Memorial Day weekend. MI reported the highest gas prices in the country sans Hawaii, even higher than California and Oregon which is unheard of. Well that lasted a couple days, once CNN reported it the prices dropped faster than Bush's poll numbers. Now to hit the state with a smoking ban may just drive everyone here completely insane.

I am not a smoker and would love to go into a bar that was smoke free but our nightlife and restaurants may be the only thing holding our economy together. I was out in San Francisco for 3 weeks a couple years ago for work and they were smoke free. It was the greatest thing and I wished it would happen here in MI. Well that time is here and although I really want it, I am afraid it may be too much to handle at this time. Maybe I am over reacting and people really want this. Most restaurants are already smoke free but its the bars that would be the problem. I see the restaurants/bars side where they want to make the decision but with my luck all the places I frequent would never change and I would be screwed.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070612/NEWS06/70612015

Posted by mardenhill 6/12/2007 01:50:00 PM  

1 Comment:

  1. Shay said...
    Randy, it is a total myth that smoking bans are bad for business! Don't buy into that, it is just what Phillip Morris wants you to believe. Its a non-issue and the wave of the future for very good reasons. (Don't get me started about smoking, I just spent 2 years of my life hearing about how smoking is a confounding factor for every illness possible, and a big one at that. It is so terrible for your health, that can't be overstated.) Furthermore, it is big corporate bucks, really no better than oil companies. Don't buy it.

Post a Comment