Site Network: Home | About



No Woxy Today


Day Of Silence Today

The future of Internet radio is in immediate danger. Royalty rates for webcasters have been drastically increased by a recent ruling and are due to go into effect on July 15 (retroactive to Jan 1, 2006!).

To protest these rates and encourage you to take action and contact your Congressional representatives, WOXY.com is taking part in the Day of Silence by silencing both our main channel and WOXY Vintage for today. Don't fret, the rock returns at Midnight EDT this evening.

Please call your Congressional Representatives today to ensure the future of Internet radio. Click this link for instructions how. For more background and information, check out KurtHanson.com and SaveNetRadio.org.

Thanks for your support of this important issue - Bryan Jay, Mike, Shiv and Joe
........................

I have written about this issue before and also have a link on the right side of my blog. I couldn't imagine my life without it, I would have to pay $12 a month for Satellite which I think is a rip off. Terrestrial radio blows, there are 1 and a half good stations in Detroit, if I were forced to listen to them all day I would go insane. Woxy has given me access to a number of new bands and great memories of older ones who are no longer together. Its important that we keep Internet Radio alive because it gives global access to bands who would have to rely on program managers in every market to promote them.

Posted by mardenhill 6/26/2007 09:04:00 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment