Site Network: Home | About



Jonathan Stone - The Heat Of Lies

http://www.jonathanstonebooks.com/

Funny story about this book. About a year ago I picked up Jonathan Stone's 1st book The Cold Truth on the bargin table and thought it was pretty good. Its your classic detective/thriller novel involving a murder, deception and plenty of twists and turns. While in Oregon at the coolest bookstore in the world Powells Books (the main store is whole city block in size) I picked up his 2nd book in the series. I was wandering around the mystery section of store trying to figure out what the name of the author was and I couldn't. I started in the A's and made it to J and gave up. I went to the counter and tried to describe the 1st book even though I had no name or author to give them. Luckily they had internet access and I had blogged about it because I was able to read my review and remember who it was I was looking for. Powells always has new and used copies of books and sometimes it can be hit and miss on certain ones. You can go in with a list and only come out with 1 or 2 on it but still have a stack of others you never would have considered. They had The Heat Of Lies used for $7 hardcover so I picked up a copy. The book is great and I am about 3/4ths of the way done. Jonathan Stone has 2 more books 1 more in the series and his last one a separate novel. So the moral of the story, write reviews of books you read on your blog because you never know when you will draw a blank in the coolest bookstore in the world.

http://www.powells.com/

Posted by mardenhill 6/03/2007 08:58:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment