Site Network: Home | About



A Step In The Right Direction?

EMI has announced that they will now sell their catalog DRM free via the iTunes music store. This means the files will be in MP3 format and encoded at a higher bit rate. No restrictions on what you can do with the files, multiple computers and non iPod digital players can be used.

The downside, the songs will be selling for $1.29 a piece. On one hand its a step in the right direction but the price point is still too high. I like my files DRM free but adding an extra .30 cents will not entice me to buy them.

I don't expect this to hurt Apple's sales of the iPod. People will still by them since they are the best players on the market and look the best. Its a smart move and I hope other labels follow suit.

Posted by mardenhill 4/02/2007 10:33:00 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment