Site Network: Home | About



Elk Cove 2001 Williamette Valley Pinot Noir

Elk Cove Vineyards is one of my favorite Oregon wines and last nite I remembed why. I had a bottle of the 2001 Williamette Valley Pinot Noir in the basement and decided to open it. The pinot was amazing, it had a great nose and lush berry flavor. It wasn't thin like some Cali and New Zealand pinots can be but it wasn't as heavy as a Burgundy either. It was a perfect middle ground with a hint of earth and spice. If anyone is on the fence with pinots (not sure I have ever met anyone) this wine would convince you hands down. We are heading to Oregon in May and will hit a couple vineyards on the trip. Elk Cove is definitely on my list and I can't wait to go. In the meantime check out their website and if you see a bottle in the store, pick one up.

http://www.elkcove.com/index.html

Posted by mardenhill 4/15/2007 04:17:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment