Site Network: Home | About



Punkrocker

LCD Soundsystem, yeah that was so last year. The new kids on the block are the Teddybears and they are here to get your indie rock ass movin and shakin. Before you get all bent out of shape I am being sarcastic and one of the things I love to do is to make fun of indie rock hipsters who are too cool to dance to pop music but will get a groove on with the likes of LCD. The Teddybears released their cd Soft Machine back in September of '06 but thanks to Cadillac they are now on the scene.

The other day I was watching tv and saw a commercial for Cadillac and they featured the song "Punkrocker" and I was blown away. I didn't care about the commercial itself all I wanted to do was hear the song. Thankfully our DVR allows you to rewind and I listened to the 30 seconds a few more times. I had no idea who it was and used Google to search for the lyrics "I'm A Punk Rocker Yes I Am" and this is where I found the Teddybears. You should recognize the vocals its none other than Iggy Pop. The Teddybears cd features a number of guest vocalists and they are responsible for the beats.

The single of the year for '06 was Hot Chip's "Over And Over" a hypnotic electrobeat that swirled in your head for days. I didn't think I would ever find a song to replace that but this "Punkrocker" has come close and might be the single for '07. Check out the video below, its worth watching.

http://www.teddybearsrock.com/

Posted by mardenhill 3/10/2007 09:24:00 AM  

1 Comment:

  1. Jenna said...
    That tune of theirs, Cobrastyle, has been everywhere too. At least a couple commercials. Like this one. They're quite fun.

Post a Comment