Site Network: Home | About



2003 Braunstein Mitterjoch Zweigelt

(pronounced: Ts-vye-gelt)

This is another red from the Austrian wine flight and I have to say its much better than the 1st red I tried. It has great color, dark purple and a nice nose. You can smell a bit of cherry and spice and both flavors are present in the taste. The back of the bottle compared the Zweigelt a Syrah and I can see it. The earthiness and spice are the same but the finish is completely different. My only complaint is the lack of depth at the end, I feel like the wine goes down but doesn't really leave you with anything. This wine is not as thin as Michigan reds but its on par with some from New Zealand. With the reds gone from our flight, its now onto the whites and dessert wines. We have an excellent TBA and ice wine in our wine fridge that I can't wait to open. We also have a late harvest Gruner Veltliner that should be amazing.

Posted by mardenhill 2/25/2007 10:13:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment