Site Network: Home | About



Thorn Clarke 2003 Barossa Shiraz

I have been anti Australian wines for a while, that whole Yellow Tail turned me off to everything. I had this bottle sitting in the basement and decided to open it. I'm glad I did and have decided that I love Aussie Shiraz's. Its plump and juicy with flavors jumping out of the glass. It also has a nice backbone and smells great. Although the spice is not as much as a Zin its enough to keep me interested. The last Shiraz I had was a '99 that had some age and blew me away. I am now onboard and pledge not to dis the Aussie's anymore. If the bottle has an animal and a stupid name then all bets are off and its open season.

I know I am late to the game on the whole Shiraz scene, I was drinking American and French Syrah's for years but never any of the ones down under. From now on I will be a bit more openminded to my wine choices...

Posted by mardenhill 1/04/2007 09:45:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment