Site Network: Home | About



Le Grand Vallet

I picked up this bottle from Simply Wine today and opened it during the presidental speech. ( I needed something to keep me from throwing things at the tv). I was clueless with this wine since I had never heard of the Ventoux region but after a little research I was able to find out some interesting things.
......................................

Côtes du Ventoux:

Mont Ventoux is one of the most famous mountains in France (2,000 m, 6300ft) and marks the gate between Rhône and Provence. The weather in Côtes du Ventoux is very hot in the summer but cold in the winter and windy with the "mistral" blowing almost all the time! The poor limestone soil of Côtes du Ventoux gives a fruity red wine, easy to drink and to appreciate. A good value wine.
.....................................

I found the vineyard's website and discovered the wine was a 50/50 blend of Grenache and Syrah. There wasn't much of a nose even after 30 minutes of being opened. Taste wise, its ok, not great but not awful. The flavor in this wine is a bit disappointing maybe by tomorrow it will have blossomed into something great. I was hoping for some hint of syrah and spice but it was rather flat and the fruit was too simple and little backbone.

http://www.grandvallat.com/gven/gven/accueil.htm

Posted by mardenhill 1/10/2007 09:56:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment