Site Network: Home | About



La Face Cachee da la Pomme Neige Apple Ice Wine

Very seldom do I like fruit wine, I think most of it is crap and once in a while you will get a good dessert one. Ed at Simply Wine gave me a sample bottle of La Face Cachee da la Pomme Neige Apple Ice Wine which sat in the back of my fridge for months. I just rediscovered it and decided to give it a try. I was blown away at what could be created from apples. The color is a golden amber, just like any great Sauternes from France. Its thick and viscous with a strong apple aroma. It lingers on your tongue and the finish has some amazing hangtime. You also have hints of vanilla and a bit of a nutty flavor. At 12% its a perfect alcohol content and would be amazing with a plate of cheese. I would definitely consider serving this over a traditional dessert wine, the flavors can compete with most late harvests. You do not need a large glass, its sweet enough that just a little goes a long way.

This wine is a product of Quebec, Canada and retails for about $30 a bottle (375ml).

http://www.appleicewine.com/index_en.html

Posted by mardenhill 1/03/2007 09:39:00 PM  

1 Comment:

  1. Shay said...
    Seriously Sutton- when are you gonna start reviewing the Cold Duck, Riunite, Mad Dog and stuff that we gave you????

Post a Comment