Site Network: Home | About



R.E.M. Best Of....

http://www.remhq.com/flash/index.html

R.E.M. released another greatest hits but this one pulled songs from the I.R.S. years '82-'87. Some of R.E.M's best songs come from this era. You have Begin The Begin, Pretty Persuasion, Radio Free Europe, (Don't Go Back To) Rockville, S. Central Rain (I'm Sorry), Driver 8, Finest Worksong, The One I Love, 7 Chinese Brothers, Cuyahoga, Its The End Of The World just to name a few. I could go on but I would be listing the whole cd. Its a double release, the 1st cd has 21 songs and the 2nd cd 21 songs of b-sides, demos and live songs. I won't go into detail with reviews of songs since everyone should know these by heart.

NME reported that R.E.M. are heading back to the studio to record and the next release should have a bit more rock in it. Whether R.E.M. records as an experimental 3 piece or standard rock band, the result will still be same, excellent music from one of the best bands ever.

Posted by mardenhill 9/14/2006 09:24:00 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment