Site Network: Home | About



7 Deadly Zins

Before I start my fall of Italian Reds, I needed to get in one last bottle of Zin and opened Michael & David's 7 Deadly Zins last nite. This wine comes from the Lodi appellation within California, the region south of Sacramento and east of San Francisco. The zin is amazing, it comes from old vines and has a very deep and spicy flavor. There is a lot of fruit in this one which is why I am a big fan. Its not weak by any account tho, there is enough spice that you would think there was a hot pepper hidden somewhere. While looking on the vineyard's website I stumbled across a few more bottles that look to be interesting. The first is the Earthquake Zin, one I have seen but havn't brought myself to buy since it is about $20 a bottle. The 2nd was 7 Heavenly Chards, I have never seen it in a store but I think it would be quite good.

I may have to sneak in a pinot noir and bordeaux over the next few months but I will try and stick to my original plan of Italian only.

http://www.lodivineyards.com/winesdlr.htm

Posted by mardenhill 9/11/2006 12:30:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment