Site Network: Home | About



Current Reading Material

My latest book I'm reading, well I will start on the plane tomorrow is "Sex, Drugs, And Cocoa Puffs" by Chuck Klosterman. The back of the book compares him to Nick Hornby and Douglas Coupland so it can't be too bad. Chuck is a senior writer for Spin mag and this is more or less a critique on the pop culture world we live in. The 1st chapter is entitled "This Is Emo", I am a bit turned off by this unless he is mocking the musical genre then its ok.

I will let you know if its worth reading. It came off the summer reading bargin table about a month ago, Borders had buy 3 get 1 free. Erika picked out her books and I had to find something and this was it.....

Posted by mardenhill 8/15/2006 09:18:00 AM  

3 Comments:

  1. chez bez said...
    If it does for you what it did for me, I'll give you a month to have read all of his books. He's a fantastic writer and a very cool guy.

    My wife and I went to see him give a reading at our local bookstore last year. It happened to be on our anniversary. My wife is not into music like I am, but after hearing me read his books to her on driving trips, she became fan enough to love the idea of hearing an author give a reading on our wedding anniversary.

    Happy reading!
    Anonymous said...
    Hey Randy...

    I would have lent you this last summer... I've read all of his books. They are OK. There are funny bits and boring bits. He's no Hornby or Coupland. To me, he's best in short, magazine length articles (but he no longer writes for Spin).

    Have fun on your trip!
    Will said...
    I love this book. I kind of wish I'd written it. I wasn't crazy about his last book, though.

Post a Comment