Site Network: Home | About



IKEA Update

Well the 1st person thru the door at IKEA the other day found my blog where I was making fun of people for camping out. Yes I may have been a bit harsh calling all of them losers but I still feel I am more of an IKEA fan than they are. I took the time to play the online game, vote for people, answer trivia questions and maintain my status within the top 500. Its easy to sit outside for days, it was harder to win the online contest. I may not have won prizes for being the 1st in but I did get to go in early.

As for the ridiculous media coverage, you didn't have to sit out for 3 days, that was your choice. You were played by IKEA it was a marketing scheme to get free advertising for them 3 days in advance.

Now for the calling bloggers losers, thats low. We are revolutionaries taking on the corporate machine. We scare the establishment with our unorthadox way of reporting the news and manipulating the media. When you are a blogger you are part of an elite group of people who feed the ever growing Internet and keep it free from greedy scumbags hell bent on its destruction. We are among you, we are your friends, neighbors, loved ones. We have taken this responsibility seriously and will never succumb to the evil empire.......

What Audrey wrote:

Are you such a snob? What happened to each his own.
The "Lollapalooza" of shopping in Canton, MI was a blast. Some radom crazy people for sure...but better than any sitcom on TV. Ridiculous media coverage proves how misdirected the country's attention is. Most people in line had flexible job schedules, or were students. Wrote for the Detroit Free Press, had my 15 minutes on local news, and received about $750 of free furniture for my new house. Losers? Maybe in by your definition. But by mine...they are people who sit at their computer and blogg so often.
Peace!
-Audrey Seilheimer
1st in line at the goddamn IKEA


btw, my blogging tirade is dripping with sarcasm, if you don't pick that up then you're a loser.......

Posted by mardenhill 6/09/2006 04:34:00 PM  

5 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    This is the first time I've read your blogg and if you are are for taking down the "man" then I support that...altough playing the online game and spending time investing in the IKEA corp. then ripping on others for participating seems hypocritical....whatever, blogg away. You sound like a fairly respectable guy, but realize there are other ways of playing the system. I wore t-shirts and promoted by photography biz www.audreyphotos.com during the 2 days. Booked $4k worth of photo gigs, and felt like it was a well played counter to media attention IKEA was already gonna get for free regardless-- with or without me. Detroit coved it like it was the second coming. Ikea rep said most media covered opening EVER. You cannot place sole blame on for that on my fat ass! I had a great time. Photo journal will be posted to my site Saturday. You do your thing, respect that others do theirs. It's not only freaks and white trash in line for a chair...there were a few of us with a plan and little fear of sideline critics. Again, Cheers to you for your opinions!
    -Audrey "the BIGGEST loser" pun intended. :)
    The Armed Technician said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
    Anonymous said...
    Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »
    Anonymous said...
    Anonymous said...
    Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »

Post a Comment