Site Network: Home | About



Mike Johnson

Mike has a new cd out "Gone Out Of Your Mind", if you are familiar with his previous work you will love this one. If you thought Mike couldn't get any darker, well I have news for ya, he does on this cd. I just clicked on allmusic this morning and they had a link to it. I read the review which was very good but I have only been able to find 3 songs available for download. I went to his record label's website UP records where I found "World Hadn't Gone Insane" a Nick Cavesque piano ballad. Out on myspace I found Mike had a page where I downloaded "Rot" a typical Mike song, still good none the less. I also downloaded "Fade Away" probably Mike's darkest song to date. Deep baritone with a funeral dirge for a beat completes this song. I have listened to this track a few times this morning and its amazing, lots of guitar and heavy piano.

I checked eMusic but they are not selling the cd. I also checked iTunes but nothing there either. I may have to break down and go buy a physical copy since no one has it digital. Its about time Mike has released some new music, besides Mark Lanegan, Mike is one of the best musicians around.

Posted by mardenhill 5/11/2006 11:27:00 AM  

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »

Post a Comment