Site Network: Home | About



Macs Suck

Sorry I havn't been posting a lot lately, its been crazy at work and I am just pissed off at my computer. My hard drive decided to die last nite and although I have about 95% of it backed up, its going to be a headache going thru the backup dvds to get the data. I tried running disc utility, mounting an external drive to boot off of, slaving the drive via USB and my last resort is currently in a G5 tower running an extensive repair on it. It will run over night repairing the HD and if my stars are aligned I will have a recovered drive. I am not counting on it that way if it does work I will be very excited. This is why it is very important to buy AppleCare that way if anything breaks its under warranty. I can buy a new HD for under $100 but I will see how long it takes Apple to replace my existing drive.

I don't really hate macs, hard drives fail in all types of computers but its mine this time. I always tell people to back things up, expecially digital photos, music, documents etc because when things like this happen you are not crying for days. I can picture a few things that I hadn't backed up but I can deal with it......

The moral of the story, don't rely on your internal hard drive, always have a clone of it backed up on another external HD or clone your computer onto DVD.

Posted by mardenhill 5/18/2006 05:31:00 PM  

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...

Post a Comment