Site Network: Home | About



Happy Paczki Day


Its fat tuesday and time to celebrate by eating a paczki. Although I am not Catholic I grew up in Wyandotte, a Polish/Catholic Detroit suburb. Wyandotte is known for its bars and churches, both are the highest per capita in the area. All summer long the Polish churches have their festivals, perogies, cheap beer, bingo and polka, life doesn't get much better. Well I am off to enjoy my paczki, maybe even a 2nd later on today.......

Posted by mardenhill 2/28/2006 08:42:00 AM  

5 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    You better not call me today to tell me how sick you are from eating two of those things.
    Anonymous said...
    Dude, the one in the picture 24 hours ago looks a lot better than the one you are holding now!

    I haven't seen pyramids of paczki boxes out here. I have a feeling there may not be many Polish people in Seattle. Or at least, not ones that eat paczki. Too bad. Today I miss living in metro Detroit.

    Happy Fat Tuesday!
    Anonymous said...
    No way. That other one just look like a jelly doughnut. Randy is holding a real paczki! I might have to go have another for my mid-afternoon snack, Mmmmm, paczki...
    Anonymous said...
    Excellent, love it! Bethany homes of georgia
    Anonymous said...

Post a Comment