Site Network: Home | About



Spiritualized

I was tagging my mp3 artwork again and came across Spritualized, just like the Catherine Wheel, I hadn't listened to them in a while. I am now listening to Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space and its amazing. Jason Pierce the mastermind behind Spiritualized got his start with Spacemen 3, a hypnotic, drug riddled, noise rock group. Spiritualized took Jason to a new level, he incorporated more members and added orchestration to his sound. Take the droning of Pink Floyd add lots of fuzzed out guitars and a bit of noise, throw in some violins and piano and you have Spiritualized. After their live cd, Jason fired his band and recorded Let It Come Down with a 100 piece orchestra. This cd took a while to get into, the noise level was gone and that was the best part of Spiritualized. I think a good comparison for this cd is Nick Cave's - The Boatman Calls because both musicians completely changed the tone and wrote songs that pulled at your heart. Spiritualized did come out with Amazing Grace, a stripped down almost garage rock cd but it lacked in many ways.

I still think Ladies & Gentlemen is Spiritualized best cd, you lose yourself in the wall of sound built up around you and it takes u back to the 90s when the British music scene was king. I checked their website but it doesn't look like new material anytime soon. With that in mind I recommend everyone pull out Ladies & Gentlemen and give it a listen again, you won't be disappointed.

Posted by mardenhill 1/15/2006 07:45:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment