Site Network: Home | About



Super Extra Gravity


The Cardigans are back and gone are the days of "Love me, Love me, Say that you Love me". Their new cd, Super Extra Gravity is a heavy hitting alternative sound, some folk and lots of that hot chick's voice. The 1st track, "Losing A Friend" is a slow dirge that climaxes into a wall of sound. Swirling guitars, fuzz galore and Nina's voice breaking thru it all. Track 2 "Godspell" is trypical alt pop with rough guitars. The next few songs slow down a bit but the tempo returns on "I need some fine wine and you, you need to be nicer". Here Nina adds some edge to her voice and plows thru the song like a bull in a china store. Most of the slower songs you would think you were listening to Aimee Mann, which isn't bad but they are a bit too adult alternative for me. Track 10 "Good Morning Joan" is a nice rhyming diddy, very head bobbing Beatlesesque song. I was impressed with this cd, its not groundbreaking like a Franz Ferdinand or Interpol but it has its place and does well to dispell the 1 hit wonder status of before. I was a big fan of Gran Tursimo, they mixed a bit of electronic and dark trip hop which I thought was cool. After that, the band became more organic which is where we are now.

Posted by mardenhill 10/19/2005 08:29:00 AM  

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

Post a Comment