Site Network: Home | About



Silver Oak Cab


Yesterday we went to the Simply Wine Birmingham location since Ed the owner works at that one instead of Ferndale. I picked up a Muscatel from France and some Italian white that I can't remember off hand. Ed is great, I walk in there tell him I am looking for something different and he grabs a bottle off the shelf for me. While chatting away, Ed handed me a bottle of the Silver Oak Cabernet Sauvignaun to take home for free. He opened it the day before for a tasting and had about a half a glass from it and put the cork back in. This retails for $65 a bottle and there was about $60 left of wine inside, talk about a great deal. We had some of it last nite and it was the smoothest cab I have ever had. There was no harsh tannin flavor, just the well balanced, smooth tasting of an amazing wine. I remember seeing the vineyard in Napa, there are 2 one there and this one in Alexander Valley. The Napa version sells for $100 a bottle and has a very pretentious tasting room. The moral of the stroy, befriend your local wineshoppe owner and you get free stuff.

Posted by mardenhill 8/14/2005 11:29:00 AM  

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...

Post a Comment