Site Network: Home | About



Echo


Echo & the Bunnymen have a new cd coming out this September 19th entitled Siberia. Echo will also be doing a world tour but of course no Detroit stop, come on we love you here why u dissin us? Echo are going on over 25 years together, the last tour a couple years ago was the 25th anniversary and they are still releasing music not just living off the classics. I do have to admit the last Echo show here was not good, the sound at the majestic was awful and Ian was losing his voice. I am do for a better show before they pack it up.

Speaking about ’Siberia’, singer Ian McCulloch said: “The band we’ve got around us now are the closest to the old Bunnymen we’ve ever had. Not that we’ve intentionally set out to capture the past in any way. I think I’d been trying to get away from the approach of ’Heaven Up Here’ or ’Porcupine’ where a lot of the songs were based on a single note, or a pulse even.”
He added: “But with this album I thought, let’s just slide in there and see what happens. It was Will (Sergeant - guitarist), really, who reminded me that we used to do things more instinctively. We’ve tried to be a little less structured in the songwriting, but not forgetting the importance of a good song. We’ve got the balance here, I think.”

Posted by mardenhill 8/17/2005 12:55:00 PM  

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Anonymous said...
    Excellent, love it! »
    Anonymous said...
    I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »
    Anonymous said...
    Keep up the good work » »

Post a Comment