Site Network: Home | About



Michigan Wine Ruling

With the Supreme Court finally ruling on the side of consumers, there is one option that Michigan can take to prevent all of us from ordering over the internet. Michigan can ban all instate shipments over the net and direct mail all together. This could destroy or seriously hurt the 45 plus wineries that already send over the net. Whenever I go to a store, there are only a handful of these wineries representated, where am I to get the others? Do I have to visit every winery and buy them there?

I am not going to post the whole article but you can find out more info on this wine blog I found the other day. I have also added it to a link down under Wine Links.

http://fermentations.typepad.com/

I did learn from the article that Michigan has 30 days to decide on the ruling, i.e. to allow shipments or ban it all together. Mark you calendars for June 16th, if something doesn't come out before then, this is the date that will decide our fate.

Posted by mardenhill 5/19/2005 09:40:00 AM  

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Enjoyed a lot! »

Post a Comment