Site Network: Home | About



Margaritaville

Wasting away again in Margaritaville
Searching for my lost shaker of salt
Some people say that a woman's to blame
But I know, its my own damn fault

Yes I am a parrothead, kinda of retired one tho, I decided a couple years ago that show was my last. I have trecked across the country and checked out shows and even made it down to Key West not once but twice for a parrothead convention. Yeah you can laugh but i tell ya, parrotheads know how to party and the parking lot at Pine Knob have been some of the best blowouts I have ever seen. Thousands of drunk people running around sharing food and drinks, you can't beat that. I have some friends that like to bring up that I went to some buffett shows and make fun of me, thats ok, they just don't know what they are missing. Buffett is like taking a trip to the Caribbean without paying for the airfare. Its a tropical paradise in the middle of southeast Michigan for a day. If Buffett were to do another Pine Knob show, I might be rethink my retirement but it doesn't look like it will happen this summer.

It's those changes in latitudes,
changes in attitudes nothing remains quite the same.
With all of our running and all of our cunning,
If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.

Do I listen to Buffett on a daily basis, no, I own 1 cd his greatest hits and thats all you need. I just listen when I see him and sing along there, thats all the Buffett you need. My friends are just jealous that they havn't been able to score tix to a show so they take it out by mocking me. Thats fine, they will just live their life unfullfilled by not seeing Buffett live. Will I point out their questionable shows, no I am above that, I respect their choices and don't hold it against them.

Come Monday It'll be all right,
Come Monday I'll be holding you tight.
I spent four lonely days in a brown L.A. haze
and I just want you back by my side.

And while we're at it, lets singalong to one more song, one of my favorites....

Can't you feel 'em circlin' honey?
Can't you feel 'em swimmin' around?
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Well gotta run, WWE Raw is on, cant miss that.....

Posted by mardenhill 4/25/2005 09:17:00 PM  

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Best regards from NY! »
    Anonymous said...
    Anonymous said...
    Best regards from NY! » »

Post a Comment