Site Network: Home | About



Favorite of the Week

My new fav cd of the week is "The Alternative To Love" Brendan Benson's latest. I just got it on friday from itunes, I collected enough bottle caps to get it free. The best part, I never drank 1 pepsi to get them, we have enough people here who drink multiple bottles a day. This cd is very consistent, lots of power pop songs, sing alongs and head bobbing beats. Lyric wise, lots of songs about love, lost love and self loathing sung over infectious pop sounds. I am very curious to see what Brendan and Jack have in store for us later this year, they have a cd planned together. The White Stripes new cd comes out the beginning of June entitled "Blue Orchid" and a handful of dates around the world. I don't expect to see them until this fall, I wonder if they will do the 2 date show at the Masonic again or move on to a larger venue. The Sights have a new one coming out next week I believe on New Line Records, and so far the singles I have heard are very good. This thursday they are playing the Stick but I am on call and don't think I will be able to make the show. Gotta love Detroit, 3 great bands releasing stuff and getting lots of exposure.

Posted by mardenhill 4/12/2005 10:07:00 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment