Site Network: Home | About



U2 and other misc stuff

Sorry I havn't posted in a few days work has been kicking my ass. I have to upgrade 170 people and only have 85 done. It involves writing what apps they have, uninstalling the old ones and then starting the upgrade. I have been doing this since monday and I am already going batty and its only wednesday and I am only half way done!!!

This saturday, U2 tickets go onsale for the October 24th show at the Palace. Ticket prices start at $50 and go up from there. I am hoping to score some upper bowl tix for $50, I cannot justify paying more than that. Its wierd, 13 years ago I saw u2 at the Palace on the Achtung Baby tour and it was one of my favorite concerts ever. I am hoping this tour will be just as good but I am not getting my hopes up, I think I will be disappointed if I do. The Achtung Baby tour was more than just the music, it was U2 moving into a new decade and not relying on thier older music to carry them. They played the new album and a few older ones but only going back to the Joshua Tree. I was fine with this tho I am one of the few people who don't think U2's best work is the Unforgettable Fire and Boy. U2 reached their peak with Achtung, they have never released anything close to as good as that cd. The whole thing is amazing, not a bad song and its timeless. I want you to pull that cd out now and listen to it, the songs are still fresh and not dated. Will U2 ever get back to that level, probably not but as long as they don't release another boring All That You Can't Leave Behind I will be ok. Achtung defined the 90s, it set the stage for the birth of the Internet and media manipulation. No one really understood what Zoo TV was about but now with the internet we can see what Bono was getting at. That cd is on my top 10 cds that if I were on a deserted island, I would want. U2 will always have their place in music, hell can you name another band who has been together as long as U2 without breaking up or changing/leaving bandmembers? I can't I have tried but nothing. REM, changes, all your 70s bands, changes, the Cure or New Order, changes or hiatuses. U2 has successfully stayed together and put out music for 25 years. Is U2 my favorite band, no I prefer REM and the Cure over them but they are up there and have had their moments. I am looking forward to this show, its been 13 years and its about time I see Bono in action again.

Feel free to leave some comments/opinions about U2.

Posted by mardenhill 3/09/2005 10:31:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment