Site Network: Home | About



You Know You're Right

I got the Nirvana box set over the weekend and let me tell ya, it rocks. I am currently listening to a solo acoustic version of You Know You're Right. The set doesn't just have all their studio songs, its full of demos, solo, acoustic, live etc. The dvd is supposed to be very cool, I havnt got a chance to watch it, but a friend at work has the set and told me about it. Its hard to believe its been 11 years since Kurt killed himself, its one of those days that you will always remember where you were. I remember I was in college in the dorms when Chris and Rick came into my room to tell me about it. They had the news on and it was plastered all over it. The month before when Kurt ODed in Europe they kept saying it was just a matter of time but I said no, Kurt won't kill himself.
I did get to see them on the InUtero tour when it came thru Kalamazoo at Wings Stadium, the Meat Puppets opened along with some other unknown band. The show was amazing, there wasn't a song they played that the crowd didn't know. My senior year in hs they came to town and were playing St Andys but I couldn't go. It was Homecoming weekend and I was in the marching band and had to play the halftime show. To make matters worse, it was my birthday that day, what a better way to spend it. So I missed that show but was able to catch them 2 years later.
So what are your best/worst memories of Nirvana, feel free to post comments.

Posted by mardenhill 2/18/2005 11:47:00 AM  

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Anonymous said...
    Anonymous said...

Post a Comment